[OT] Emulation and HC-like software [was: Freely and Legally Available HyperCard]

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Sun Jan 22 13:52:37 EST 2006

> On Jan 22, 2006, at 4:18 PM, Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com wrote:
>> but the new Amiga is Linux kernal based. Kinda like
>> OSX is based on Darwin/BSD. Sorry for the long OT post... just had a
>> memory flood (in a good way).  ;-)
>
> On Jan 22, 2006, at 1:36 PM, Andre Garzia wrote:
> Roger,
>
> sorry for the OT too, but the new amiga is not linux kernel based...
> you have two new amiga-like machines available, the AmigaOne and the
> Pegasos/MorphOS ones. Both are PPC based machines with their written
> from scratch operating system.

Andre,

You are correct. LOL, memory fails me sometimes. I remembered that shortly
after Commodore's bankruptcy, there was online chatter of new company
owners possibly going in the Linux kernel direction, but it never
happened. I found the complete history (including the Emplant emulator
info) documented at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amiga

Kind regards,
Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>