Discontinued Software, The Law, Morals and Hypercard

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sun Jan 22 10:26:16 EST 2006

WOOPS!

First I would like to tender my most abject apologies to
James Spencer.

Secondly, (and this may be extremely naive, disingenuous,
or just plain silly of me), I have no intention of offering
HyperCard to all takers - and I had thought that my

I should also like to point out that it is interesting that
Mr Spencer feels free to refer to me as a "turkey" (gobble,
gobble!) and Bulgaria as a "banana republic" (the climate
is all wrong for bananas!) while previously using all sorts
of legalese.

I understand that nobody is breaking anybody's law (either
banana republic law or the law of arrogant super-powers
that like to push their way of doing things down the
throats of "lesser" nations) if they download a copy of
software to which they already have a license. Now my offer
was (I thought) quite explicit:

I am prepared to send copies of Hypercard to people who
have previously had legal copies but have lost them in some
way: dud hard-disk, a feeling that HC had had its day and
then regretting it, and so on. This is completely different
from saying "come and get it".

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html