Oracle search path Instant Client vs. full client

Mark Waddingham 36degrees at runrev.com
Sat Jan 21 06:25:53 EST 2006

Hi Bill,

As I recall, there is a global environment variable that Oracle looks
for to find its various components - I think this is ORAHOME. It
could be that if this is set, the Oracle client libraries default to
trying to use the Full Client installation rather than the local
Instant Client files. Therefore, try setting this variable to empty
(put empty into $ORAHOME) before any of the Oracle files are loaded.

Hope this helps,

Mark.