Notation

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Jan 20 12:32:10 EST 2006

Peter T. Evensen wrote:
> At 08:31 PM 1/19/2006, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Good idea -- here's a handler Peter might find handy:
>>
>> --
>> -- fwKillPendingMessage
>> --
>> -- Cancels the message named in pMessage.
>> -- If pMessage contains the word "all" then
>> -- all pending messages are cancelled.
>> --
>> on fwKillPendingMessage pMessage
>>   put the pendingMessages into tList
>>   repeat for each line tMsg in tList
>>     if (pMessage is "all") or (pMessage is among the items of tMsg) then
>>       cancel (item 1 of tMsg)
>>     end if
>>   end repeat
>> end fwKillPendingMessage
 >
 > Ok, I'm sure I have your presention somewhere on notation,
 > but what is fw?

The full outline for the sort of "Hungarian Lite" that's been in common
use among many xTalkers is at:
<http://www.fourthworld.com/embassy/articles/scriptstyle.html>

"fw" is simply to remind me that this lives in my main library.  I do a
lot of client work, and prefacing the handlers in my main utility lib
with "fw" helps me find the definition for a handler or function quickly.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal