auto searching technique

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 04:32:50 EST 2006

Hi Devin,

To automatically display the closest spelt item and hilite  the auto-inserted
characters, put this in the script of your comboBox  button...

on keyup k
put num of chars of the label of me into  temp
get line lineoffset(CR&last word of the label me, CR&me)  of me
if it <>"" then set the label of me to it
  else beep  # optional
select char (temp +1) to -1 of  me
end keyup

Tested with a 3,000 line menuItem list and seems suitably  responsive.

/H