Standalone Quit Menu

Steve Wagenseller wagenseller at mac.com
Thu Jan 19 22:35:20 EST 2006

I'm trapping the Quit message from the menubar via a shutdownrequest
handler, but in the standalone, something curious occurs. The first
time I choose "Quit" I can get the trap script to run (basically, an
"Are you sure?" prompt along with some save options). The second time
I choose Quit from the menu, the trap is not implemented.

I am not passing the handler along, it sits at the stack level, and I
am using an "exit to top" to get out of the shutdownrequest handler
when "Cancel" is chosen.

Have any of you experienced this strange problem -- that the trap
only works once -- and do you have suggestions?

--Steve