How to remove a carriage return from a field?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Thu Jan 19 16:03:20 EST 2006

Welcome to this list, Claire,

If you want a carriage return typed responding as you like, just
insert a returnInField handler in the script of your field:

on returnInField
   Validate -#
end returnInField
----------------------
on enterInfield
   Validate -#
end enterInfield
----------------------
on Validate
    local tUrl
    -----
   put target into tUrl
   -- the text that the user entered
   etc.
end Validate

If you need some more help, don't hesitate to ask this list :-)

Le 19 janv. 06 à 03:40, Claire Bradin Siskin a écrit :

> In my stack, the user enters identifying information into a field,
> and this text is used to build a filename for ftp upload. This
> works fine as long as the user does not enter a carriage return at
> the end of the field. If the user does press "enter," this messes
> up the upload. How can I script it so that any carriage returns are
> removed from the field?
>
> Suggestions for actual scripts would be very much appreciated since
> I am a newbie. :-)

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet