Amazing, strange, and mystifying

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 19 00:34:50 EST 2006

I have been working most of the day on a stack script modification that will
read large data files, modify the contents and write much smaller files with
the data reorganized.

I restarted my Mac (G5 dual, plenty of hard drive space, 10.4.2, rev 2.6.1),
launched Rev,  reopened the stack, and there was no part of the new
scripting that I had done... none.  Yes I do frequent saves, I have searched
the drives for every version of this stack... there is only this *one
version*  so I am not accidentally opening the back up [which is located on
another computer]

The only changes I made to the stack (which is in use everyday, all day in
our project) is to add two handlers to accomplish text file manipulation,
calling them from the message box.

This is the first time in over a year of working with Rev that I have
experienced anything like this.  I do Rev work most everyday.  Any clues for
me?

--live colorization is always off
--on quitting Rev, it asked me if I wanted to save changes to this stack,
the answer was  Save, and all seemed to be well.

This is a fundamental.
I have only seen this when running multiple script windows open and not
applying changes for all of them.  My style is to use only one script
container (the stack script) for all the functions and procedures.  Again,
frequent saving while editing the script.

I am now retyping the 80 lines of code from memory.  I am calm, collected,
and getting down to the work again, but what happened?????

Jim Ault
Las Vegas