set the cursor to hand when on links

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Wed Jan 18 07:27:56 EST 2006

Bonjour André,

Place these handlers in the script of your stack.
They will manage everywhere the hand cursor for buttons and text
links at the same time :-)

on mouseMove
   switch
   case "button" is in the target
     ShowHandCursor #
     break
   case "field" is not in the target
   case the mouseText = empty -- important!
     exit mouseMove
     break
   case "link" is in the textStyle of the mouseChunk
     ShowHandCursor #
     break
   default
     ResetCursor #
   end switch
end mouseMove
------------------------------
on mouseLeave
   ResetCursor #
end mouseLeave
------------------------------
on ShowHandCursor
   set the cursor to hand
   lock cursor
end ShowHandCursor
on ResetCursor
   unlock cursor
end ResetCursor

FYI: Your script does not work because the mouseText can be empty
then the style of the mouseText = the style of nothing and you get an
error :-)
Right?

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet