Mactel/Rosetta

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Jan 18 01:09:59 EST 2006

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> Has there been a statement on Rosetta compatibility for Rev?
>
> I don't know if anything "official" has gone out, but Kevin did mention
> it to the list:
>
> <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.ide.revolution.user/74423>

Related, but not the same question.

That post from Kevin addresses universal binaries, which would be nice
of course, but if Rosetta works at least okay with Rev we're not in as
much of a critical rush.

The Intel iMacs are shipping now, and the test kits from Apple have been
available for the last 9 months.

It seems reasonable that someone at RunRev has run Rev under Rosetta and
can report what we can expect from that while we wait for the ultimate
goal of universal binaries.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal