More Newby Questions

Ben Bock benbock at msn.com
Mon Jan 16 18:02:25 EST 2006

I have a timed quiz spread across several cards, each card has a "Next Page" button.  The quiz starts with a button.

To start the quiz, a button has:

on mouseUp
startTimer

go next

end mouseUp

The card script has:

on startTimer

    send timesUp to me in 120 seconds

end startTimer

on timesUp

    go card "Finish Card"

end timesUp

This works, but..

If the person finishes the quiz before the timer, I want them to be able to stop the timer process.  Otherwise, the timer may run out and send them to the "Finished" card after they have begun another task, and cause confusion.

So I made a button on the last page page of the quiz, an "I'm Finished" button.  The variable "Nevermind" is sent by this button:

on mouseUp

  NeverMind

  go next

end mouseUp

I have tried adding statements to the stack script, like:

if "NeverMind" then exit timesUp

or

on Nevermind exit startTimer

end NeverMind

Also variations of these.  Nothing works when I move through it, the timer simply runs out and moves to the "Finish Card".

Any help appreciated.

Thank you,

Ben