Svar: Re: Needed: A shortcut to help user install downloaded fonts

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon Jan 16 14:24:41 EST 2006

Hi Mark,

I don't think it's necessary to change any registry settings to install
a font permanently on Windows. You just copy the font to
C:/Windows/Fonts and you're good to go.

As I mentioned earlier, altFont installs fonts (not in the Fonts
directory) temporarily, so that users can work with them, but not have
them permanently installed. This is great for lots of different kind of
applications. For instance, one could make a font viewer application, or
an application like Suitcase, which installs and removed fonts on the fly.

best,

Chipp