Rev on Universal Binary

Jesse Sng jsng at wayoflife.org
Sun Jan 15 21:35:59 EST 2006

>Jesse,
>
>>  Ok. Thanks Kevin, I look forward to hearing more news about this,
>>  especially also information on how Rev is currently doing on Rosetta
>>  for those who might have to work with that during the interim.
>
>What is Rosetta?
>
>Scott

Rosetta is the PowerPC emulator that runs on the Intel Macs. It
allows existing PowerPC code to be executed on the new intel macs
transparently. That includes the current version of Revolution which
I assume is able to run flawlessly already.

The question of course is whether the plug-ins will run smoothly
including things like video capture and so forth. Again I'm guessing
but it's probably quite transparent.

The issue is whether there is a significant performance hit or not.

Jesse