Revolution Preferences

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jan 15 14:53:33 EST 2006

On 1/15/06 10:52 AM, "Gregory Lypny" <gregory.lypny at videotron.ca> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I was wonder whether there is a way to set default properties for
> object in Revolution.  I notice in Revolution's Preference window
> that default object sizes can be set.  It would be nice to be able to
> set default field properties such as font and text size.  Would that
> somehow be done through custom properties?

In addition to Eric's excellent comments, you can also set "the
templateField" with properties prior to creating fields. All objects have a
template, so you can set the template ahead of time and then from that point
forward (until you change it or quit Rev) any objects you create will have
those properties.

So you could say:

  set the textFont of the templateField to "Comic Sans"
  set the textSize of the templateField to "14
  create field

Anyway, lookup the template___ entries in the Transcript Dictionary for more
info.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/