Rev in High School

Mark Greenberg markgreenberg at cox.net
Sun Jan 15 14:39:02 EST 2006

Step 1:  My wife clipped a tiny notice from the paper that the Qwest
Foundation was granting money to teachers for "innovative use of
technology in the classroom."

Step 2:  I researched the grant and contacted the organization that
was managing the grant process and money.

Step 3:  I attended a workshop put on by that organization on how to
write this particular grant.  The workshop gave me good info but was
a bit intimidating since most of the attendees were  professional
grant writers and district technology coordinators.  I'm just a teacher.

Step 4:  I got the class authorized through my district, just in case
I did get the grant.  I also spoke to the person in our district who
handles federal funding so she could give me advice.  It wasn't a
federal grant, but she still understands this type of thing better
than I do.

Step 5:  I wrote up the proposal, passing it by half a dozen people
for ideas, wording, spelling, etc.  Since innovation was a key
element in the wording of the grant information, I focused on the
video game nature of the stacks my students would be creating.

Step 6:  I mailed it off, checking and rechecking that everything was
exactly the way they wanted it.

Step 7:  I waited....  until Friday when I got the call.  : )

If anyone is interested in more detail, contact me off-list.

	Ciao,
		Mark

On Jan 15, 2006, at 11:00 AM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com