PDF and PPT

Rick Rice rick-rice at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 15 12:58:07 EST 2006

>> I know this must have been covered before, but how do I open a PDF
>> file
>> and/or a powerpoint file from within Rev?
>
> When you say, "open", what do you mean? I mean do you want to launch
> PowerPoint or Acrobat reader from within Rev and pass it the document
> so it
> displays properly in that program, or do you mean to display
> PowerPoint or
> PDF content within a Rev stack?
> Ken Ray

	First, thanks Tom and Alex for your suggestions.
	However, Ken asked the question the way I should have.
	What I want to do is launch PowerPoint and/or Acrobat reader from
within Rev and pass it the document for display outside of Rev.
	I did, after posting the first time, find the "launch   with" command.
	Works great as long as I know the exact path to both the file and the
app. My problem is how do I do this when I have created a standalone
and the stack is being used by a student and I have no idea where their
app is actually located? I would be able to locate the file, as it will
be distributed in the directory with the stack.
	Thanks Ken. An answer is always more likely if the question is
correctly asked.
	Rick