Portable Apps..?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Jan 14 02:42:58 EST 2006

I have to say I find it amusing that this "portable apps" concept is being
touted as "the next big thing".  In days of old, virtually all Mac system
7/8 apps were "portable" -- it didn't matter from which location they were
run.  Then came the push to follow the Windows lead of having assigned
locations for files that led to the designated Application/Document/etc
folders and users were expected to follow the conventions.  Now the pendulum
swings back the other way and "portable apps" are a "new idea".

Make up your minds, people. :-)

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director