importing graphic objects?

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Jan 12 22:15:29 EST 2006

At 2:08 PM -0800 1/12/2006, Timothy Miller wrote:
>Speaking of documentation, I keep meaning to ask --
>
>At many points in the onboard documentation, I read things such as this:
>
>To see a list of messages that can be sent to an audio clip as a
>result of user actions or internal Revolution events, open the
>"Transcript Language Dictionary" page of the main Documentation
>window, and choose "Audio Clip Messages" from the Show menu at the
>top. To see a list of all the properties an audio clip can have,
>choose "Audio Clip Properties" from the Show menu.
>
>Every time I try to follow those instructions, I fail and give up.
>Is this orphan documentation? If not, where the heck is the stuff
>they are talking about?

There's a similar list in the current docs: click the Objects icon at
the top, then click Objects in the list, then click Audioclip below
that, then click Message.

The diffference is that the Objects list provides only those messages
that are received only by audio clips, not all messages an audio clip
can receive. To get all of them, you need to check under "Any object"
as well as under "Audioclip". (For controls such as buttons, you need
to also check under "Control".)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com