Restricting display to 1024*768 on wider screens,

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 10 19:34:57 EST 2006

On 1/10/06 4:08 AM, "Kresten Bjerg" <Kresten.Bjerg at psy.ku.dk> wrote:
> The recommended "Window-lab" however does produce black masks, when I test it,
> I cant find the trick to create a window of  transparency in the center of a
> larger stack

After further thought, I am curious what you are not discovering that would
so what you need.  My last suggestion was to basically build a picture frame
to block the surrounding area revealing only the rectangle to be shown.

However, perhaps you are thinking that the surrounding area should reveal
the desktop, or other apps/windows rather than the picture frame technique.

This was my original take on your description, but then you said this was
not what you wanted with the WindowLab.... so now I am a bit confused.

Let me say this...  If you want surrounding transparency, you would draw the
black rectangle to match the maximum rectangle (content for the user), put
that black rectangle behind the content and setting the windowShape to the
black image id.  Now the surround would be transparent, no matter how big
the monitor.

If these techniques don't do the job, then I really don't understand what
you are trying to do.  Perhaps you could send me an old version of your
stack and I could play with it.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas