Quiting a Standalone

Marty Knapp martyknapp at comcast.net
Tue Jan 10 15:33:52 EST 2006

I'm building a single stack standalone which will give the user the
option of saving data upon closing or quiting (to text files). I'm
confused about how to do this. I've been trying the "shutDown" message
but have not found it to be 100%. If I click the closebox on the stack
it seems to catch it every time, but if I choose "Quit" fron the menu,
it works about 80% of the time. (Trying out Rev 2.6.1)

I don't understand the functional difference between using shutdown and
shutdownrequest, other than shutdownrequest allowing you to pass or not
pass.

Anybody have a recipe for me?

Marty Knapp