Set the icon to (icon of another stack)--YES!

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jan 10 11:32:45 EST 2006

Bon Jurno, Paul,

>You got reason, perhaps I have not explained well the problem. My stack is
>an utility that simply shows the images of another choosen stack opened by
>the user; so I cannot know if the user have one or many open stacks, and
>what stack was opened before, or the potential ID conflicts.
>
>That's why my only goal was to succeed to indicate exactly from which open
>stack my utility read the images, avoiding eventual ID conflicts of
>previously opened stacks.

1. Would this work?

         Create a number of invisible thumbnail images [not buttons;
lock size & position] on the image display
         card of your utility stack.

         Utility stack script:

                 answer file "Please select a stack to see its images..."
                 if the result is "Cancel" then exit to top
                 push card
                 lock screen
                 repeat with x = 1 to the number of images of me
                         hide image x of me
                 end repeat
                 open invisible stack it
                 repeat with x = 1 to the number of images of stack it
                         set the imageData of image x of me to the
imageData of image x of stack it
                         show image x of me
                 end repeat
                 close stack it
                 pop card
                 set the itemDelimiter to "/"
                 put item -1 of it into field "Image Source" -- if
you want the image stack name to appear
                 unlock screen

         I presume you have logic to handle the case where there are
more images in the stack you are opening then
         there are buttons to display them.  Just change it to deal
with images.

2.  I previously suggested when a thread boils down to two or three
people, it should be taken off list.  Actually, I was focusing on
off-topic conversations, and feel that conversations such as this
between Paul & moi should remain on the list so long as the focus is
strictly how to use Revolution.  Do others agree or disagree?

Cao!

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

Vive R Revolution!