url GET https requests --> "walking" thru certificate issues

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Tue Jan 10 06:34:44 EST 2006

Sounds to me like you need to download and install a certificate and
then use this certificate in Rev - the process you describe is what
the browser does to install this certificate - so one way or another
you need to get Rev to point to this certificate on the local machine
- see the recent post from Dar regarding my question

On 10 Jan 2006, at 08:47, Dave Cragg wrote:

> On 10 Jan 2006, at 01:59, Sivakatirswami wrote:
>

>> Does anyone know a way to get libURL to "walk thru" these server
>>

> Did you try this?
>
>    libUrlSetSSLVerification false
>
> It won't let you "walk thru", but may let you skip them altogether.

I think this won't work for you - as this is just for using htpps
without certificates - and you need to install one just as the
process of dialogues you describe does for the browser - is this
right Dar? Here is the relevant post from Dar which I quote - you
would not be using a CAcert certificate, but the right one from your
own server - don't ask me yet how to do this - but whoever sets up
your server side SSL certificates "may" understand what you are
talking about :)