The formatted mouseline?

Mark Swindell mdswindell at charter.net
Tue Jan 10 00:53:08 EST 2006

Is it possible to somehow return "the _formatted_ mouseline" from
within a mousemove handler?

What I want to accomplish is to have a line of text (soft wrapped)
appear to be underlined whenever the mouse is hovering over it.  I'd
just like to have a simple line graphic move to a position just under
the text to accomplish this.

I've thought of a couple of ways to make it happen, but they seem
unnecessarily convoluted, and it seems there might be a
straightforward way to accomplish it that I'm missing.

Thanks for any help,
Mark