Serial communication

Camm29 Camm29 at tesco.net
Mon Jan 9 17:41:26 EST 2006

This stack is great but i still can't solve my serial comm problem in Rev
(It works in Visual Basic and others !)

I have some custom made Hardware that i communicate to in Serial.

This Hardware returns the Character ">" when ready and able to Receive
and/or finished replying.

so before any write to file "COM:1"  or  read from file "COM:1" (I must have
received the Char ">")

i have tried many combinations in trying to get this to work !!!!!!

somehow if i loop like below i still manage to send before ">" is received
it would seem which causes errors ???

repeat 100
write -------
wait for ">"
read -------
end

It's a mystery or i lost the plot.
Nothing wrong with comm settings or hardware for sure.

Regards Camm