[OT] Re: [ANN] surprise - new website to host codes

Marielle Lange mlange at lexicall.org
Mon Jan 9 17:19:39 EST 2006

> Hi Marielle,
>
> I know now you are a large team ;-)

Meet the team:
<http://revolution.lexicall.org/meet_the_team.jpg>

About the guy on the right. You may have heard rumors of UFOs here in
Scotland lately <http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=453>. Well,
I decided to deal with it the other way around. I abducted an alien!
That guy (or whatever I need to call him) is great... able to do an
impressive amount of work in a somewhat limited time. Though,
sometimes it is a bit difficult to communicate with that guy that
comes from another planet.

The one in the middle has been working with me the longest. I met him
when I was in Cambridge. He helped a lot with my MPhil there and then
my PhD. He is a great analytic thinker and problem solver. Whenever I
try to understand something that I struggle with, I end up talking
him through and then somehow, in a very socratic way <http://
www.pbs.org/empires/thegreeks/characters/socrates_p1.html>, he guides
my reflection ... But from his white gown, you can see he is a purist
and sometimes, he takes too much time to think about doing rather
than do what needs to be done.

The one on the left is the self-proclaimed "artistic" one. But you
can see from his style of clothing that he is not really onto new and
innovative styles. He plays a bit too much security. That's perhaps
because of his lack of sense of security that he tends to never
finish things 100% or leave small errors. He would like to be a great
artist, a great innovator but somehow he cannot convince himself he
is or he can be.

The three of them together, they do all the work, really. The team
takes care of everything.

Marielle

--------
Marielle Lange (PhD),  Psycholinguist