making it run with Dreamcard Player

Sieg Lindstrom sl at trackandfieldnews.com
Mon Jan 9 15:22:20 EST 2006

I converted what used to be a Hypercard stack to a Revolution stack, revised
it in Revolution to get all the proper Transcript in place, and it runs
perfectly. Now I want to distribute it for others in my company to run using
the Dreamcard Player.

When I open the stack using Dreamcard Player it does not run the way it's
supposed to, and even though I've included an instruction to "save this
stack" on closeStack, no changes are saved.

I understand that Revolution stacks saved as standalone apps are write-only.
Is this also true of stacks being run using Dreamcard Player? My end users
need to be able to revise fields in this stack and save their revisions. Is
this possible?

There is at least one other way in which the stack's behavior when run
through Dreamcard Player varies from the way it runs through Revolution, but
I guess I should iron them out one at a time.

Can anyone recommend a good reference source for issues one needs to
consider to make a Revolution stack run correctly using Dreamcard Player?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

SL