CGI on Mac OS X server help...asap please!

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Jan 9 01:01:02 EST 2006

Jonathan Kotthoff wrote:
> Cleared cache yes...the i am navigating to
> http://www.clarionstl.com/cgi-bin/hello.cgi which is the file that i
> created as described in this tutorial. By the way, I just bought your
> mini book Dan!
> Did clear cache yes.
> No there is no tester.cgi in that folder...but then again, the hello.cgi
> file I am calling does not call any tester.cgi app. It just says hello
> world...

Some servers are set up to be pre-configured for certain extensions. The
"cgi" extension may trigger their configuration instead of yours. To get
around this, name your cgi files with a unique extension. It is
customary for historical reasons to name Rev CGI scripts with ".mt" at
the end, but you can pick something else (such as ".ts" for
"transcript", etc.) I'd avoid any of the commonly-used ones though, like
".cgi". I think OS X is sending you to a CGI example site because it
thinks you are using an invalid cgi.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com