Quicktime for Windows 98?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Jan 8 23:32:29 EST 2006

100,000 hits logged on to just one of our web sites in December 2005
whose user agent was "Windows 98" .....So if we deploy a free app
that requires QT... ? unique IP's? hard to say... (webalizer is
"deficient" to say the least) don't know maybe that represents 40,000
users? They are left stranded?

I thought the "media player wars" would dictate a strategy by Apple
to  make sure *any* Windows user could easily run QT. At least Apple
has not deleted it from their web site... a search turns up any
number of old versions, which in itself is confusing:

http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/quicktime652forwindows.html

Does anyone know if QT 6.5.2 was the latest and last one released for
Windows 98? Every time I search on Apples site I would land on a
different one 6.2.5, 6.3... and there was no way to know which is the
latest for Windows 98

I filled in Apple's Feedback with a suggestion to Apple they add a
link to an older version on their Windows QT page.

Thanks to Richmond for sending me an installer.

Sivakatirswami