Rollover Mouse effects

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun Jan 8 15:12:49 EST 2006

On 1/8/06 1:05 AM, "Eric Chatonet" <eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com>
wrote:

> Hi Ken and SupermanSlyr,
>
> This method is perfect and easy and, as usual, very well explained by
> Ken.
> I would only point out a special case: when the autoArm of a button
> is set to true, the mouseDown message is no longer sent by the engine
> (why? I don't know :-).
> Then, if you need to trigger this message (and it's often the case to
> implement a 'three-states' button, you have to script all the process
> by yourself :-(
> i.e. trapping mouseEnter, mouseLeave, mouseDown, mouseUp and
> mouseRelease...

That's not what I get here, Eric... I created a button and dropped three
icons from the Image Library onto the card. I set the icon to one, the
hiliteIcon to the second, and the armedIcon to the third. I set the autoarm
of the button to true.

I then set the script to:

  on mouseDown
    put "down"
  end mouseDown

  on mouseUp
    put "up"
  end mouseUp

When I click the mouse, I get both "down", then "up" showing up in the
Message Box...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/