HTML named characters

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sun Jan 8 11:43:35 EST 2006

On Sunday, January 8, 2006, at 07:30 AM,
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

>> And many others.
>>

> This is from the htmlText property - yes? But that requires me to set
> the htmlText of a field... which is not such fun for a parser :)
> Guess I will have to manually stick them all in an array?

I've had extensive experience in using my own home grown parsers.

This works fast and is very stable:

<revCode> replace thisStringEscape with thisCharacter in
thisChunkExpression </revCode>

I forgot the secret decoder-ring tag-set for rev code...

I've been busy building an RSS, OPML conversion importer into Intuition
1.5, not out yet, so that users can auto download RSS from a hyperlink
in Intuition's viewing window. I'm adding an auto download multiple
Intuition files for merging from the RSS reader so that the user can
keep up with information available from MTML websites created using
Intuition. http://www.leveltron.com/index.html

With RR I have been able to create a very high speed pull-parser that
works as a function and strips out first occurrences or an array of
occurrences of element & attribute type XML tags.  I have used this to
create a multi-columned browser window with a <columnLeft width="200">
Left column MTML here </columnLeft> that resizes  two fields of the
Intuition window for the MTML coder that sets up the display page. I
even used this parser to embed base64encoded images that display when
downloading of a single Intuition file. Intuition 1.5 will be out in
the next few weeks. I need to create more content to show it off.

I'm in digest mode, please cc me if responding.

Mark