Rollover Mouse effects

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 8 10:08:33 EST 2006

Eric,

The three mouse state is very difficult to achieve using the icon/
armed icon method. I have had success using a second button over top
of the first button (armed with two icons) and not using the armed
state on the second button so that it also can accept mouseDowns then
finally grouping the two buttons. The three states are then handled
by the either the group script or top button script for all three
states/icons. It is a hack for sure but it works.

Tom

On Jan 8, 2006, at 2:05 AM, Eric Chatonet wrote:

> Hi Ken and SupermanSlyr,
>
> This method is perfect and easy and, as usual, very well explained
> by Ken.
> I would only point out a special case: when the autoArm of a button
> is set to true, the mouseDown message is no longer sent by the
> engine (why? I don't know :-).
> Then, if you need to trigger this message (and it's often the case
> to implement a 'three-states' button, you have to script all the
> process by yourself :-(
> i.e. trapping mouseEnter, mouseLeave, mouseDown, mouseUp and
> mouseRelease...
>
> Best Regards from Paris,
> Eric Chatonet

Thomas J McGrath III