Tearing my hair out

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Jan 7 23:23:45 EST 2006

Marty Knapp wrote:
> I've been making Revolution stacks for a number of years, but always for
> myself, so rarely built standalones. And on those rare occasions when I
> did, I never used a menubar. So I've been working on a program for
> months and it's been going very smoothly, almost ready to release it,
> and one of the last things on my list was the menubar. So I inserted a
> menubar using the Menu Builder (and making absolutely no changes). Then
> all hell broke loose. My Windows builds work fine, but the OSX
> standalone crashes on launch. If I go back to my stack and simply
> uncheck "Use as menubar on OSX" and build a standalone it works fine.
> And if I start with a fresh blank stack and insert a default menubar,
> build as standalone it does work.

Do you have any utilities or other software that add icons to the right
side of the menu bar? Or anything that alters it in any way? Maybe
something like that would cause a conflict. (Just guessing, since I've
never seen what you describe and I've built a lot of Mac OS X menu bars.)

Do you have any handlers that run on launch which refer to the menu bar,
or change its contents, or anything like that?

Just trying to think of something that might be the cause. It seems like
it must have something to do with that particular stack, since you
aren't having problems with a test stack's menus.

Do your menus have any scripts? Or are you just testing with an empty
menu bar?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com