How to download files from a web server

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Sat Jan 7 04:05:59 EST 2006

Hi Bill,

The "How to Download Data from the Internet" tutorial might help you:
This stack explains how to test the user connection, an url validity,
why and how to use get url or load url, retrieve data from framed
pages, give an account of download progress, manage errors, display
retrieved data (web pages, stacks, compressed or not), etc.

You will access this tutorial through "Tutorials Picker" a free
plugin that interfaces with the So Smart Software website in order to
display all available tutorials stacks directly from the web.
You will find it by going to http://www.sosmartsoftware.com/.
Revolution/Plugins or Tutorials section.

Le 5 janv. 06 à 22:27, Bill Vlahos a écrit :

> I have an app that I am setting up with a standalone that
> automatically downloads a stack from a web server (go stack url
> "http://server/path/stack.rev") and that works great so that all I
> have to do is put the current stack on the server and everyone gets
> automatically updated the next time they run the standalone.
>
> However, there are some other supporting files that periodically
> get updated as well which I would like to do a similar download but
> those files actually need to located on the user's hard disk.
>
> How would I do that?

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet