How to download files from a web server

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jan 6 13:51:49 EST 2006

On 1/6/06 9:19 AM, "Bill Vlahos" <bvlahos at mac.com> wrote:

> How can I tell when all of the files are finished downloading?

> How can I tell when all of the files are finished downloading?

Well, if you're using 'put URL', then it is a blocking command, meaning that
you don't go to the next script line until it is done downloading. This
should mean that if you're in a repeat loop, you're finished downloading
when the repeat loop is over.

The other possibility is to use "load url", which is *non-blocking*, and
then periodically check the urlStatus of the url you're working on to see
how far it's gotten.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software