Vb CommEvent in Rev

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Jan 6 02:14:12 EST 2006

On 1/4/06 1:49 PM, "Camm29" <Camm29 at tesco.net> wrote:

> Hi ,
>
> Is there an equivalaint to Visual Basic CommEvent in Rev ?
>
> Can i tell if  characters have arrived and ready to be Read from the Com Port
> Buffer ?

Well, I haven't done much with this myself, but my understanding is that you
can open the COM port and read characters from it, and send characters to
it... I don't know if there's a way to get an event when incoming data comes
in, but you can continually read from the port, even if it's empty.

It's something like:

 open driver "COM2:"
 read from driver "COM2:" for 10 chars in 2 seconds

Check the Transcript Dictionary for "open driver" and "read from driver"...

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com