message hierarchy question

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 5 00:08:40 EST 2006

On 1/4/06 8:02 PM, "Mark Wieder" <mwieder at ahsoftware.net> wrote:
>But... stack B needs to be able to call handlers in subStack 1 of
> stack A, and I haven't figured out how to get the substack into the
> message-passing hierarchy.

In order to keep the nature of the library stack, which I appreciate, why
not try one of these three ideas...

start using stack {that I want to be in the hierarchy}
start using stack subStack 1 (library stack)

-or-

set the script of {an object that can be in a back script} to the script of
{an object that cannot} (eg. stack script of subStack1)

-or-

catch the message in mainStack script
on forSub1btnClkPause
   send " btnClkPause" to stack subStack1
end forSub1btnClkPause
--sorta defeats the effectiveness of the term 'library', though, eh?

All of this is untried at the moment, but I think one of these will work.
Did not know that