Linux cgi

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Wed Jan 4 20:58:37 EST 2006

I've learned that my provider is running Linux 1.1.3 with glibc 2.3.1

my scripts (which worked at another provider [unix]) are no longer working. Checking Ken Ray's site, I found some clues to what needs to be done. However, my provider doesn't allow telnet connections, so I can't do the diagnostics.

What should I ask my provider to do? install some libraries?
Judging from Ken's site I might need:
libXext.so.6
libX11.so.6

anything else? are most providers open to installing libraries?
thanks
tm