Set the icon to (icon of another stack)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Jan 4 11:11:49 EST 2006

Paul,

> > Try:
> >
> >          start using stack "x3"
> >          lock screen
> >          repeat with x = 1 to the number of buttons
> >                  set the icon of button x to (the icon of button x)
> >          end repeat
> >          unlock screen
> >
> > or going to another card in stack "x1".
> >

>Well Rob, I really doesn't understand what you means. It's not a problem of
>sceen redrawing, the problem is that, as explained in my example, I cannot
>load (with the expression 'set the icon of btn x to...') the image in stack
>X3 if an image with the same ID is in stack X2, and I don't know how solve
>this problem.

That is precisely what I expect the code above to accomplish.  The
start using command places stack "x3" before stack "x2" [presumed to
have been opened or put in use earlier] in the message path; so "set
the icon of button x to (the icon of button x)" should now find the
icon in stack "x3" instead of "x2".  Did you try it?

If you care to send me your stacks privately, I will test it here.

Rob Cozens, CCW
Serendipity Software Company

Vive R Revolution!