data files for Rev Online?

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Tue Jan 3 15:30:48 EST 2006

Hello,

Le 3 janv. 06 à 20:48, Mark Wieder a écrit :

>> Can I upload data files to my space on RevOnline? The *.rev files
>> will go, I
>> know, but my little app has a couple of demo data files to go
>> along with it.
>> I'd like to upload a package like the WikiRev zip file on
>> http://hytext.com/rev/
>
>> Maybe I should write a stack that harbors the data files, and
>> unpacks them
>> to the user's disk when run. Then I'd be uploading *.rev files only.
>
> You might try putting the data files into custom properties, then
> unpacking them on stack initialization.

You are perfectly right Mark.
The only problem is that a stack downloaded from Rev Online lives in
RAM until the user chooses to save it...
Then you have to handle if the user saves the stack, where, delete or
keep the files, rely dynamically the files to the stack, etc.
Of course, it's easily doable but it means a lot of additional work...

Best Regards from Paris,
Eric Chatonet