More Scope Problems

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jan 3 11:01:19 EST 2006

Hi,

I have a problem that is baffling me. I have number of stacks:

StackA
StackB
StackC

In the preOpenStack hander of Card 1 of StackA, I load some other
stacks using the:

go invisible stack "StackB"
close stack "StackB"

(The above it just to get the stack loaded and to setup some values
that are needed by StackA)

Then I do the following:

send "StackInitialize" to this stack

Which should (unless I am wrong) call the "StackInitialize" handler
in StackA. This happens some of the time, but about 50% of the time
control is passed to the "StackInitialize" handler in StackB (Both
stacks have a handler of this name), so I don't get an error. I have
added a breakpoint statement (since the debugger is flakey and won't
stop on a normal breakpoint) just before the send "StackInitialize"
to this stack statement and if I step into the "StackInitialize"
handler, about 50% of the time control is passed to StackB, not
StackA. If, before I step into the handler I do:

put the name of this stack

from the Message Box, it says "StackA", yet when I step, it goes to "StackB".

Can anyone shed some light on this and tell me what I am doing wrong?

Thanks a lot, and Happy New Year
Dave