Detecting Design Time Status

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Tue Jan 3 00:34:37 EST 2006

Hi Scott -

I'm not completely sure what you mean by "putting the app back into
design time in the inspector."

If you mean you're in running the Rev development environment and you're
changing the selected tool from 'browse' to something else, you could
control the running of your script this way:

on doMyStuff
   if the tool <> "browse tool" then exit doMyStuff
   -- your stuff follows
end doMyStuff

If you mean you've opened your stack in the development environment
rather than in a standalone environment, you could do this:

on doMyStuff
   if the environment = "development" then exit doMyStuff
   -- your stuff follows
end doMyStuff

If you mean something else, maybe you could give us a little more info?

Thanks -
Phil Davis