Timing

Scott Kane scott at proherp.com
Mon Jan 2 21:31:53 EST 2006

Hi,

I've been trying to get a simple timing script
going and so far haven't managed.  Basically
I need a routine that shows an image after a
certain number of seconds.  I've tried Ticks
and seconds but neither seemed to do it.

What I need is something like

put the ticks into elapsedTicks
  repeat while elapsedTicks < 240 -- 240 being four seconds
  set the visible of image "TheTitle" to false
  end repeat
  set the visible of image "TheTitle" to true

In my tests it drops through the while loop immediately
and sets the image to visible, rather than waiting the
desired four seconds.

Scott