copy locked text

Jerry Muelver hytext at dwave.net
Wed Feb 15 14:20:55 EST 2006

From: "Eric Chatonet"

> Just try to set the autohilite of your field to true.
> If so, highlight *should* not disappear and the right selected chunk
> *should* be copied.
> Or there is another problem and I have not enough information to
> understand it :-)

Well, that doesn't quite fix it. The highlight still goes away when you
touch anything -- like the the Ctrl key. And still only the first text
copied with Ctrl-C sticks. Any attempt to copy anything after that fails --
only the first-copied text is in the buffer -- until I close and reopen the
stack. Then I can still only do just one copy with the newly opened stack.
Same on Windows and Linux.

Workaround - change to edit mode, with lockText off. But I don't want to
give that open to "read-only" viewers, and it's an extra two-step -- off and
then on again after copying -- for "read and write" users.

---- Jerry