Pie Chart Algorithms?

Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Tue Feb 28 17:35:06 EST 2006

OK I probably posted too soon, this works great, and right, doesn't
require Einstein...

--> all handlers

     put 360/9 into tIncrement # nine sectors
     put tIncrement into tSector
     put
"firebrick,darkred,brown4,red,green,yellow,blue,palegreen4,darkorchid1"
into tColors
     REPEAT with x = 1 to 9
         put ("Circle" &x) into tNextSector
         put tNextSector
         create graphic tNextSector
         set the rect of grc tNextSector to 80,80,336,336
         set the style of grc tNextSector to oval
         set the startAngle of grc tNextSector to tSector
         set the arcAngle of grc tNextSector to tIncrement
         set the loc of grc tNextSector to (the width of this card/
2,the height of this card/2)
         set the backgroundcolor of grc tNextSector to (item x of
tColors)
         put tSector + tIncrement into tSector
     END REPEAT
END mouseup

The only caveat I discovered that there was some unknown "condition"
wherein the arc is drawn sans the radius lines... i.e you get just a
curved line..a simple arc...   but, if I draw an oval manually and
set it's arc angle one gets a complete "pie" cut polygon shape. And
now my script only creates the full pie shape..

Can anyone tell us what determines whether full pie piece is drawn or
just the arc without radius lines?

Sivakatirswami