Rev 2.7 Editor & stability problems

Gordon Webster gwalias-rev at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 12:50:12 EST 2006

No, these were actually new stacks created afresh using Rev 2.7. In the course of editing one of them, Rev actually crashed 4 times. It was hard to tell what it was I did that made it crash but it seems like it happened changing focus between some of the open windows - but as I said in my first email, it wasn't a consistent thing.

BTW: I am using a vanilla Rev 2.7 installation with no plugins or add-ons of any kind, so at least some fraction of the problems that users are experiencing, would seem to be a feature of the new release rather than some kind of incompatibility problem with plug-ins or older releases.

Best

Gordon

Dave Beck <dave at crystalpiersw.com> wrote:
Gordon,

When you are getting these crashes, are you editing a stack that was
converted from 2.6.1? Does this happen on multiple stacks or just one?

>From the info on this bug so far, it seems as though it is sensitive to
particular stacks, as opposed to configurations. That is my personal
experience so far with this problem as well.

Dave