Transcript and Dot Notation

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Feb 27 02:01:43 EST 2006

Mark-

> Perhaps a few of you around here will find this funny, I could do
> an implementation of OOPs with a pull-parser.  The trick to creating
> a child object is to assign attributes of the parent object to a
> child object. What is needed during the birthing process is an
> allocation of memory to store the newly incarnated child and to act
> on it independently while effecting the parent that can also have
> global changing effects if desired.

Sounds like this would work for properties, but not for handlers. If I
get you right, changing a property in the parent would then trickle
down to the children (and granchildren, etc). So the parent class
would actually keep track of its children, rather than the children
keeping track of their parent.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net