Transcript and Dot Notation

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Feb 26 11:30:22 EST 2006

Hi Garrett,

> Ahh, the "Good Ol' Boy" system

No, it's the "family" system.

Some of us began these discussions over 15 years ago on the early
HyperCard lists.  We have discussed many on- and off-topic issues over
the years, publicly and privately.  We explore off topic issues more
broadly than many stick-to-the-topic lists allow--to listmom Heather's
distraction sometimes, bless her--and know more about our fellow
members because of it.

We know each other well enough to cut each other some slack and
continue to respect one another once tempers have cooled down.  We are
passionate about RunRev and may tend to pull fewer punches in our
conversation, especially when we have a long history of conversation
with the other party.

Since you are working with Revolution, you are a member of the family.

But as the long-lost cousin we've only just met, don't you feel it's
unwise to intervene in a dispute between Cousin Judy and Cousin Dan in
the manner you did without knowing them both a little better?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company