Win XP / Rev 2.7

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Feb 26 00:32:17 EST 2006

Dave Beck wrote:

> For the record I want to say that when I installed Rev 2.7 on XP I had
> crashes many times a day as well.

As odd as it may sound, this is actually good news, since it gives
Runtime another data point. Do you have a crash log you could send in?
That would help. If I remember right, you can click on a "details"
button or some such when you get the crash error, which gives you a more
specific error description, mostly in gibberish. If you could send that
in, it may help.

> I was disappointed that such a severe problem made it into a release.

I have no doubt the team is disappointed too. ;) Obviously it didn't
occur in-house or for the beta testers, or they would have fixed it. All
crashing bugs get top priority.

> ps. I am not using any plugins, I installed to a new folder (changed the
> default install path), and I upgraded from 2.6.1. The one stack I have had
> problems with was converted from 2.6.1. I work somewhat routinely with one
> other stack that unfortunately I did not save a copy of before opening with
> 2.7, so I am stuck with 2.7 for that stack. Rev has not crashed yet when I
> have been working with that stack. I will let the list know if that changes.

Even if you can't get a crash log, it would be great if you could send
in the stack that crashes. Since you have one that dives and one that
doesn't, that tells us there is something about one type of stack that
matters. Seeing a sample of one like that might really help.

If you could submit to Bugzilla here:

<http://support.runrev.com/bugdatabase>

Or if you can't, write to support and enclose it. They do want to fix
this stuff.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com