Win XP / Rev 2.7

Steve Paris lists at paris-saigon.com
Sat Feb 25 23:38:07 EST 2006

I have had similar experiences to Dave. I have a fairly substantial
client/server app, a student records system, using MySQL, and typically
with 15 to 20 concurrent users on Win2K or XP (latest service packs).
The app is launched from a read-only network volume. Rev 2.6.1 was very
stable, both when working in the IDE (local stacks and db) and when
deployed as a standalone on the network. That made me a little
complacent, and I went ahead and upgraded the live app to 2.7 despite
script editing in the IDE causing crashes (both the rev script editor
and Constellation). Unfortunately the deployed standalone also exhibited
stability problems, some text field related, others seemingly random
crashes. Foolish me.

I have reverted to 2.6.1 (many thanks to Chipp for the plugin) and all
is perfectly stable again. I am happy that many people are using 2.7
without problems, but the experiences of a few of us on this list
demonstrate there is an issue. Trying to come up with recipes for these
type of crashes is extemely time consuming, especially for those that
happen in the standalone and not the IDE. I wish I could provide more
information, but time is not on my side.

Steve