Please help to remove my curse

David Mendriski djdrisk at earthlink.net
Sat Feb 25 19:56:42 EST 2006

I have a dastardly curse on me.  I pray that some kind soul can help.
I have developed several application using Revolution Dreamcard 2.6
I was so happy with the products that I developed that I wanted to
make them into standalones to share. So I updated Dreamcard to the
latest Studio.  I tried to save these programs as standalones.  They
are reported as having saved correctly.  But when I click on the
standalone icons the name of the application only appears for a
fraction of a second in the menu bar, which then reverts to the
finder.  Nothing is launched, -  or stays launched.  After many tries
Gave up saving I gave up using Studio.  I downloaded the new
StackRunner for Mac (the development platform).  I installed
Stackrunner.  When I drag the icon of my original apps onto the
StackRunner icon as instructed, it only open the window to choose an
application to open.  I click on my applications and the chooser
window merely reappears.  My simpler applications like “Soduko
Solver” and “Keno Player” launch with StackRunner.  My cherished,
polished apps for translating Italian verbs and Nouns won’t become
running standalones thru Studio, nor will launch thru StackRunner,
although they perform PERFECTLY under the development software.
I would gladly send anyone who could help me understand this dilemma
a copy of these short files, if you would be willing to try to
develop standalones on your system, or tell me what is causing the
problem.
Again, I pray that someone out there is willing to take a look to
help me. I am including my e-mail address if you wish to contact me
directly.

PS. If my email filter bounce you back, please request to be admitted
as a hopeful problem solver.

dave
djdrisk at earthlink.net